Catlin Gabel’s COVID-19 protocols are designed to support our community’s health and wellness and meet or exceed standards set by the OHA and CDC.
Catlin Gabel strongly recommends all employees, contract workers, and volunteers who work directly with children, as well as students, be vaccinated against COVID-19 but does not require it. If health authority vaccination recommendations change, the school reserves the right to adjust health and safety policies.
Community members and visitors are welcome to wear masks when on campus. For COVID-19 positive cases and in accordance with CDC guidance, individuals must isolate for 5 days and wear a mask on days 6-10 when on campus and at school-related activities. As an added safety measure, the school also requires masking when someone who lives in your household tests positive. In these situations, individuals must mask for days 1-10 from the time of exposure to the positive household case.
All Catlin Gabel ventilation systems meet or exceed the requirements of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, and the CDC. Our central air units and ductless air conditioners have the highest-rated filters available.
COVID-19 Exposure Management
For the 2023-24, school year, current protocols can be found in our Covid-19 Management Plan. This plan is reviewed by Catlin Gabel's Risk Management Committee, which includes the school's health coordinator and an external medical advisor.
- When should I not come to campus?
- What happens if a student arrives sick or becomes sick while at school?
- Who can be tested for COVID-19 on-campus?
- What happens when there is a positive case on campus?
- As a member of the Catlin Gabel community, who do I contact if I have questions related to health and wellness?
- As a visitor, who do I contact if I test positive after recently visiting campus?
- Where can I find more information regarding health and wellness?