Although our campus is closed, students and teachers are fully engaged in learning. Catlin Gabel is continuing to connect as a community and provide students with the connections to their teachers and each other that are necessary for a successful school experience. Below are resources and information that we hope will be helpful to our Catlin Gabel and broader community as we navigate this challenging time.
How Families Can Support Students
- Help your child craft an established daily routine that aligns with the Zoom schedule.
- Provide a quiet, comfortable, and well-lit place for your child to work (outside of bedrooms).
- Reach out to teachers if your child needs additional support.
- Take an active role in helping your child do their best work (for lower school students this may mean supporting and/or being near them during Zoom if possible).
- Treat zooms just like class time. Let teachers know if your child will not be attending.
- Establish times for quiet and reflection.
- Create a menu of activity options to encourage physical activity and limit screen time.
- Find ways for your child to virtually socialize with friends and connect with others.
Stay Connected with Us
We’d love to hear from you and your family and see the ways you are connecting with us and each other. Our hope is to share these stories with our wider community— on our social channels, on our website, or in other communications. It doesn’t have to be polished or perfect; life rarely is. This is our way of helping to continue to build connections with each other.
photo/ video/ TikTok ideas:
- You and your family gardening, exercising, dancing, painting; or share who your study partners or new co-workers are, whether they are your pets, your kids, or a stuffed animal.
- Ways you are incorporating remote learning at home, whether that’s a new space for a gym in the garage or a desk for Zooming in the kitchen.
- Examples of what you are seeing in your neighborhood as you step outside.
- Video chats or video happy hours (Please make sure to get consent from the group before sharing with us.)
Take a moment and share a thankful moment. It’s easy to take part. Just send an image or video explaining who you are thankful to and why.