To make sure you have the latest information, you have been added to the mailing list for the Middle School's Peek at the Week e-newsletter.
In addition, your Catlin Gabel website login will now give you access to web pages restricted to current and enrolled families, including our online directory and carpool map. If you need to update your email or other contact information, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middle School administrative assistant Chris Bell will be in touch with you soon to request current school records and physical examination documents (7th graders only). She also will send information about orientation activities for all Middle School students coming in August. Chris can be reached at email@example.com or 503-203-5103.
Once again, welcome to Catlin Gabel!
Important information for new families
Events on Campus
- Come to the Middle School new family Q&A on March 11 at 8:30 a.m. This event will be held in the Middle School. Be sure to come early to meet students, faculty, and staff.
- Plan to attend the Middle School new family social and orientation on May 13!
- Middle School New Student Orientation: August 19-20, 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Each day students and teachers come through the doors of the Warren Middle School building with exuberance and a desire to learn from one another. The combination of dedicated middle school educators and adolescent students ready, willing, and wanting to learn creates magic like none you have ever seen. Follow the links below to find out more about the Middle School:
- Middle School Schedule
- Middle School Classes & Curriculum
- Outdoor Education
Consider attending Summer Programs
Connect with your host family
- This spring, your host family will reach out to you by phone or email to welcome you and chat about the school. We encourage you to use your hosts as a valuable resource.
- The Parent Faculty Association will also be providing multiple opportunities to meet and socialize before school starts in September, so watch for details. Your grade and division representatives are also an additional resource. Find the current contact information on the PFA webpage.
Getting ready for fall
- Keep in mind: Key dates for 2014-15
- Update your family's information - there are four tabs here for changing or updating your contact information, emergency contacts, student medical information, and denial of photo identification (in various publications). We have an annual drive in the late spring reminding all families to review and update their information, but we encourage you to enter your updates at any time.
- Review email list management and etiquette - all parents are included in parent listservs for each class year. This link will help you understand how the parent email lists work.
- Set up payments and billing options with the business office.
- Become familiar with Before- and After-School Care - find out about our wraparound care programs for preschool through eighth grade.
- Use the carpool map if you want to join a carpool. Click on a data point to find contact information for current enrollees near you.
- Learn more about bus service - information on our bus routes, bus fees, and how to get here from the Sunset Transit Station. See our maps and directions page for more details and transit options.
Other popular destinations and resources:
- Summer Camps - list of courses and registration
- Directory - find contact information for students, parents, faculty, and staff.
- Parent-Faculty Association – list of division and grade coordinators. Ask about how to join PFA and get involved!
- School calendar – find out what's going on around campus.
- Athletics schedules – come root for our Eagles!
- Dining services – see which grades eat in our cafeteria and when. Peek at the lunch menus.
- Volunteer opportunities – click on this link and then look in the green menu box at left to see a list of possibilities!