To make sure you have all the latest news, you have been added to the 2014-15 mailing list for the Lower School's Crier Newsletter.
Be sure to visit the Lower School website or contact your host family or the admission team with questions or issues that arise as you make this transition.
Once again, welcome to Catlin Gabel!
Events on campus
- Come to the Beginning and Lower School new parent coffee on March 11 at 8 a.m.
- Mark your calendar for the Beginning and Lower School new parent social on May 13!
Consider attending Summer Camps
Connect with your host family
- This spring, your host family will reach out to you by phone or email to welcome you and chat about the school. We encourage you to use your hosts as a valuable resource.
- The Parent Faculty Association will also be providing multiple opportunities for both parents and students to meet and socialize before school starts in September, so watch for details. Your grade and division representatives are also an additional resource. Find the current contact information on the PFA webpage.
Getting ready for fall
- When your enrollment agreement is processed, you may create Catlin Gabel website login that will give you access to web pages restricted to current and enrolled families, including our online directory and carpool map.
- Update your family's information - there are four tabs for changing/updating your contact information, emergency contacts, student medical information, and denial of photo identification (in various publications). We have an annual drive in the late spring reminding all families to review and update their information, but we encourage you to enter your updates at any time.
- Review email list management and etiquette - all parents are included in parent listservs for each class year. This link will help you understand how the parent email lists work.
- Become familiar with Before- and After-School Care - find out about our wraparound care programs for preschool through 8th grade.
- Use the carpool map (available after you create a log in) if you want to join a carpool. Click on a data point to find contact information for current enrollees near you.
- Learn more about bus service - information on our bus routes, bus fees, and how to get here from the Sunset Transit Station. See our maps and directions page for more details and transit options.
Other popular destinations and resources
- Summer Camps - list of courses and registration
- Directory - find contact information for students, parents, faculty, and staff.
- Parent-Faculty Association – list of division and grade coordinators. Ask about how to join PFA and get involved!
- School calendar – find out what's going on around campus.
- Athletics schedules – come root for our Eagles!
- Dining services – see which grades eat in our cafeteria and when. Peek at the lunch menus.
- Volunteer opportunities – click on this link and then look in the green menu box at left to see a list of possibilities!
lower school News
- 1 of 47