Students applying for grades 6–12 are required to take one of the following admission tests during the current school year as a part of their application:
When & Where to Test
SSAT dates are listed below. To request an SSAT registration fee waiver, please complete the Fee Waiver Request Form. If you are taking the SSAT at Catlin Gabel, you will receive an email with details the Thursday prior to your testing day.
The HSPT dates and times vary by location. If you are also applying to a Catholic high school it is likely your child will be taking this test. Please contact the school directly for more information.email us with the type of test you are taking (see a list of accepted tests at the top of this page) and your testing date.
If taking the SSAT or ISEE be sure to designate Catlin Gabel as a score recipient when you register.
For the HSPT, ACT, PSAT, or SAT you will need to provide a copy of your official score report.
SSAT Testing Dates
- SSAT testing dates for Fall/Winter 2019 announced summer 2019
- SSAT registration for applicants to the 2020-21 school year opens August 1, 2019
To request an SSAT registration fee waiver, please complete the Fee Waiver Request Form.
Note about accommodations seating:If you are an applicant to Catlin Gabel and approved for accommodations, but cannot find an open seat at an Oregon location, please email us. Include what date you would like to test and a list of your approved accommodations.
- SSAT webinar series
- 2018-19 At A Glance brochure
- Testing with accommodations
- Official SSAT test prep guide
- SSAT online practice test
- Parent support
- Test day checklist
- What to expect on test day
- SSAT statement about test prep companies
- FAQ on registration, fees, and the SSAT website
- How to send your test scores
SSAT Score Information for Admitted Students
The admission committee has no minimum score requirement for acceptance. Below is a look at how applicants admitted to Catlin Gabel have scored over the last three years.
Average SSAT Score