Students applying for grades 6–12 are required to take one of the following admission tests during the current school year as a part of their application:
Please register for the SSAT as soon as possible to guarantee a spot and avoid late fees.
Be sure to designate Catlin Gabel as a score recipient when you register.
Students currently in grades 5-7 (applying to grades 6-8) will take the Middle Level SSAT; students currently in grades 8-11 (applying to grades 9-12) will take the Upper Level SSAT.
To request an SSAT registration fee waiver, please complete the Fee Waiver Request Form.
SSAT Testing Dates
Testing dates are nationwide and testing begins at 9am unless otherwise noted. You may test at any location.
- February 3, 2018
- February 10, 2018* - Last testing date for all 2018-19 regular deadline applicants
- March 3, 2018** - Last testing date for all 2018-19 second round deadline applicants - grades 10-12 only
*Only offered at the Catlin Gabel campus.
**Only offered at the Oregon Episcopal School campus.
If you are testing at Catlin Gabel, you will receive an email with details two days prior to your testing day.
- SSAT webinar series
- 2017-18 At A Glance brochure
- Testing with accommodations
- Official SSAT test prep guide
- SSAT online practice test
- Parent support
- Test day checklist
- What to expect on test day
- SSAT statement about test prep companies
- FAQ on registration, fees, and the SSAT website
- How to send your test scores
SSAT Score Information for Admitted Students
The admission committee has no minimum score requirement for acceptance. Below is a look at how applicants admitted to Catlin Gabel have scored over the last three years.
Average SSAT Score