General Endowment Funds
The interest generated by general endowment funds is used to serve the needs of our school, students, teachers, and programs.
Established 2008 by Mel Baldwin and Marian Hays to support student programs in the Lower School.
Established in 2008 by an anonymous donor to support new and enhanced programs in the sciences.
Established in 1997 by Lois and Ivan Gold in memory of their daughter Elana Gold ’93 to support an environmental restoration project for Catlin Gabel students and alumni.
Established in 2003 by Fred and Nancy Jonske in memory of their son Karl Jonske ’99 to purchase books for the Upper School Library and to support the Karl Jonske ’99 Lectureship.
Established in 2005 by Richard Koe in memory of his father to support global education initiatives, including language instruction, travel, lectures, library resources, and professional development.
Established in 2007 by John Harland and Janet Hoffman in honor of Emily Jones, former head of the Upper School, and her commitment to international relations, and to support the Model United Nations program.
Established in 1988 in memory of Beginning School teacher Heidi Olsher for visiting artists, student financial aid, and teacher enrichment opportunities in the arts.
Elsie Shepard Patten ’29 / Flo Angell / James K. Angell / Eva Mae Chamberlain Endowed Libraries Funds
Combined with the Flo Angell Lower School Library Endowment Fund, the James K. Angell Middle School Endowment Fund, and the Eva Mae Chamberlain Library Endowment Fund to support all three of the school's libraries.
Established in 1987 to celebrate Esther Dayman Strong, head of Catlin Hillside School 1945–58, and to stimulate the intellectual life of the Catlin Gabel community.
Established in 2007 by Jean Vollum to bring visiting writers to campus to work with Upper School students.