Welcome to Catlin Gabel
Congratulations on your child's admission!
We look forward to you becoming part of our community.
We have compiled helpful information for all new students and their families. Be sure to contact the admission team or your host family with any questions.
After School Program: ext.1058
Beginning School office: ext. 1000
Lower School office: ext. 2000
Middle School office: ext. 3000
Upper School office: ext 4000
Preseason schedule for fall sports including soccer, cross country, and volleyball
This spring, all newly enrolled students and their families will receive information about our host family program. If you opt into the program, we'll match you with a current CG family as an initial connection for parents/guardians and students. Your host family will reach out and welcome you. Please use your hosts as a resource throughout the year.
The Parent-Faculty Association will also be providing multiple opportunities for parents/guardians and students to meet and socialize before school starts in September, so watch for details.
In mid-July, you will receive login information for our parent/guardian portal, and where applicable, new students will receive Catlin Gabel email addresses and login information for our student portal.
In these secure portals, you'll have access to our school-wide directory with contact information for students, parents/guardians, and faculty; carpool information; community and classroom blogs; and many other resources. More content will be added throughout the summer. Student schedules will post around August 10.
>>If you need to update your contact information prior to gaining access to the portal, please email changes to email@example.com.
By August 1 parents/guardians will gain access to our Magnus Health Portal to fill out all necessary medical, emergency contacts, and permission forms.
We encourage you to explore your division's website to learn more about life on campus. On these pages you'll find schedules, curriculum, course catalogs, information on clubs and co-curricular programs, and much more!
Hear more about Catlin Gabel from the people who know it best: our school head Tim Bazemore, students, teachers, parents, and staff.
Beginning & Lower School - please mark your calendars for the dates below. More information and RSVP links will be sent via email:
- Jump-up Day is on Monday, June 10 from 9:25am-9:50am. This is a time when children across the Beginning and Lower Schools visit the grade they will be in next fall. If your schedule easily allows, you are welcome to bring your child to “jump up” with the current students. The children will visit the classrooms while their grown-ups chat in the Beginning School Well (2032) or the B/LS Library (2027-2031). Please don’t feel your child needs to come for Jump Up Day—there will be another opportunity to visit the classrooms in September before school starts.
- Beginning School Orientation is on Monday, June 10 from 6:00-7:00pm. The orientation will be an adults-only event to meet the teachers, learn about the nuts and bolts of the Beginning School, and socialize with other families.
- Back to School Night for preschool & kindergarten will be September 19.
- Back to School Night for grades 1-5 will be September 26.
Middle School - please mark your calendars for the dates below. More information will be sent via email:
- Orientation will be on Monday, August 19th
- Thursday, September 12 from 5:30-9:00pm is Back to School Night.
Upper School - please mark your calendars for the dates below. More information will be sent via email:
- Official fall athletic practices begin on Monday, August 19.
- Upper School 101, which aims to orient students and parents to various academic, social, and athletic aspects of life in the Upper School, will take place on Wednesday, August 28, at 6:00 pm.
- Overnight Rafting Trip for All New Students happens on Monday, August 26, and Tuesday, August 27
- Ninth grade class trip will take place Wednesday, September 4, to Friday, September 6. Students should plan to be away from home over those days.
- Back to School Night for parents will be on Tuesday, September 10, from 5:45 to 9:15pm.
Summer CampsRegistration is currently open! We have a wide variety of day camps and programs in the arts, music, technology, robotics, writing, sports, outdoor adventures, and more!