Welcome to Catlin Gabel
Congratulations on your child's admission!
We look forward to you becoming part of our community.
We have compiled helpful information for new students and their families. Be sure to contact the admission team or your host family with questions or issues that arise as you make the transition.
For more information contact Lindsay Babbitt, Assistant Director of Outdoor Education
To make sure you have all the latest news, in mid-July you will be added to the 2018-19 mailing lists for your division's e-newsletter. The links below provide an up-to-date archive of past newsletters.
After School Program: ext.1058
Beginning School office: ext. 1000
Lower School office: ext. 2000
Middle School office: ext. 3000
Upper School office: ext 4000
This spring, all newly enrolled students and their families will receive information about our host family program. We'll match you with a current family as an initial connection for both parents and students. Your host family will reach out to you by phone or email to welcome you and chat about the school. We encourage you to use your hosts as a valuable resource.
The Parent-Faculty Association will also be providing multiple opportunities for both parents and students to meet and socialize before school starts in September, so watch for details.
In mid-July, you will receive an email with your login and password for the parent portal section of our website. To be sure you receive your notifications, please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your list of approved recipients within your email application.
In this secure parent portal, you'll have access to our school-wide directory with contact information for students, parents, and faculty; access to our Magnus Health Portal to fill out all necessary medical, emergency contacts, and permission forms; carpool information; community and classroom blogs; and many other resources.
If you need to update your contact information prior to gaining access to the parent portal, please email changes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to explore your division's website to learn more about life on campus. On these pages you'll find schedules, curriculum, course catalogs, information on clubs and co-curricular programs, and much more!
Hear more about Catlin Gabel from the people who know it best: our school head Tim Bazemore, students, teachers, parents, and staff.
- Beginning & Lower School: The Parent-Faculty Association will be providing multiple opportunities for both parents and students to meet and socialize before school starts in September. You'll also receive information about welcome activities over the summer. For families with children entering preschool and kindergarten, the Beginning School will invite you to orientations later this spring.
- Middle School: Antoinette Forté, MS Administrative Assistant, will be in touch to provide information about orientation activities for all Middle School students coming up this August.
- Upper School: Robyn Washburn, US Registrar, will communicate details about placement testing and course selection on April 6. You will also receive email communications about book and laptop purchases, fall class trips, and other important details in the weeks ahead.
- Thursday, June 7
- Kindergarten orientation
- Tuesday, June 12
- Preschool orientation
- Thursday, August 23
- Upper School 101
- Middle School new student orientation
- Monday - Tuesday, August 27-28
- Upper School rafting trip
- Tuesday, September 4
- Beginning School open house
- Lower School open house
- Middle School classes begin
- Upper School classes begin
- Wednesday, September 5
- Beginning School classes begin
- Lower School classes begin
- Thursday, September 13
- Upper School back to school night
- Monday, September 17
- Middle School back to school night
- Thursday, September 20
- Beginning School back to school night
- Thursday, September 27
- Lower School back to school night
- School holidays
- Labor Day: Monday, September 2
- Thanksgiving Break: Saturday, November 17-Sunday, November 25
- Winter Break: Saturday, December 22-Sunday, January 6
- Martin Luther King Jr Day: Monday, January 21
- Presidents' Day: Monday, February 18
- Spring Break: Saturday, March 23-Sunday, March 31
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 27
- Note: Classes are in session on Columbus Day & Veteran's Day
- Friday, June 15: Last day of classes
Summer CampsRegistration is currently open! We have a wide variety of day camps and programs in the arts, music, technology, robotics, writing, sports, outdoor adventures, and more!