Applicants to grades 6–12 are required to take one of the following tests:
- Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT)
- Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE)
- High School Placement Test (HSPT)
- Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT)*
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
*We do not accept the PSAT 8/9
When to test
Test early enough to ensure your test results are received by Catlin Gabel by the application deadline. If taking the SSAT or ISEE:
- Applicants to the Palma Scholars Program should test no later than December 31, 2020
- All other applicants to grades 6-12 should test no later than January 25, 2021
If taking the HSPT, ACT, PSAT, or SAT, please check their test results release dates. You must provide Catlin Gabel your score report by the application deadline.
- SSAT at home is available by registering directly with SSAT.
- SSAT registration with Prometric will be available in early fall for those who wish to test in person at a Prometric test center.
- ISEE registration is available with Prometric, which offers at home testing or testing in person at a Prometric center.
- The HSPT dates and times vary by location. If your child is also applying to a Catholic high school they may be required to take this test. Please contact the school to which you are applying for more information.
- For the ACT, PSAT, or SAT please see their websites for details.
SSAT Score Information
Catlin Gabel does not have a minimum score requirement. Please see below for the average score for admitted students over the last three years: