Tuition and Financial Assistance
We believe that diversity strengthens our community and encourages students to be open to new ideas and different perspectives, which is why we are committed to making a Catlin Gabel education accessible. Families are encouraged to apply for admission even if the cost seems out of reach. More than a quarter of our student body receives financial assistance through need-based tuition or merit scholarships.
Catlin Gabel’s tuition supports not only a broad curriculum and diverse programming but also includes integrated technologies. Some of our expenses are not reflected in the annual tuition and are underwritten by income from our permanent endowment and annual gifts from parents, alumni, and friends.
Tuition prices are reviewed and updated annually.
|Beginning School (Preschool & Kindergarten)||$28,600|
|Lower School (Grades 1-5)||$31,400|
|Middle School (Grades 6-8)||$34,300|
|Upper School (Grades 9-12)||$35,700|
For the 2020-21 school year, we allocated over $5.3 million in financial assistance to more than a quarter of our students with an additional $310,000 in COVID-19-related financial hardship assistance. Every family is expected to contribute to the cost of their child’s education.
Most families receiving financial assistance had annual household incomes that ranged from $34,300 to $318,950, and tuition assistance ranged from $8,700 to $35,540, with an average of $24,690. There are also resources available, once a child is enrolled, to assist with the costs associated with other expenses, from books and laptops to co-curricular activities.
Key Dates & Deadlines
- October 2, 2020: School and Student Services (SSS) opens for 2020-21 applications
- January 21, 2021:
- Parent Financial Statement (PFS)
- 2018 and 2019 tax documents
- W2s (if applicable)
- Personal statement (as part of the PFS)
- February 12, 2021:
- Palma Scholars Program decisions delivered
- Palma Scholars financial assistance decisions delivered
- March 5, 2021:
- Admission decisions delivered
- Financial assistance decisions delivered
- March 17, 2021: Enrollment agreement deadline with 10% net tuition deposit
- Can I find out if I qualify without going through the entire process?
- When do I need to apply for need-based financial assistance?
- Does applying for financial assistance affect admission decisions?
- Is financial assistance automatically renewed each year?
- Does financial assistance cover the full cost of tuition and other school-related expenses?
- What if parents are divorced or maintain separate households?
- What if our family is still unable to pay the net tuition even after receiving financial assistance?
- Will my information be kept confidential?
- I need help with my Parent Financial Statment, who do I contact?