Catlin Gabel students continue to engage in remote learning across all divisions. Our state-certified preschool is open and operating five days a week on campus. At this time, our campus is still closed to visitors.
Based on the Governor’s recent change in metrics, we are developing a return to campus plan and timelines for K-12 students. We will share more details about hybrid learning after the Oregon department of Education releases its new guidance, which is expected on or before January 19. A remote learning option will be available to students who are unable to return to campus because of a personal or family member’s health condition. More information about each division’s plans is available on our return to campus web page.
How Families Can Support Students
- Help your child craft an established daily routine that aligns with the Zoom schedule.
- Provide a quiet, comfortable, and well-lit place for your child to work (outside of bedrooms).
- Reach out to teachers if your child needs additional support.
- Take an active role in helping your child do their best work (for lower school students this may mean supporting and/or being near them during Zoom if possible).
- Treat zooms just like class time. Let teachers know if your child will not be attending.
- Establish times for quiet and reflection.
- Create a menu of activity options to encourage physical activity and limit screen time.
- Find ways for your child to virtually socialize with friends and connect with others.
Stay Connected with Us
We’d love to hear from you and your family and see the ways you are connecting with us and each other and the accomplishments you are achieving. Our hope is to share these stories with our wider community— on our social channels, on our website, or in other communications. It doesn’t have to be polished or perfect; life rarely is. This is our way of helping to continue to build connections with each other.