- Course of Study
- College Counseling
- Daily Schedule
- Documents and Forms
- Faculty Profiles
- Student Life
- Code of Conduct
- Community Service
- Diversity Conference
- Elana Gold Project
- Outdoor Education
- Service Learning
- Student Organizations
- Support Services
Catlin Gabel’s outdoor program focuses on educating the whole student. By providing opportunities for students to face and overcome challenges, learn group living skills, and understand the way the natural world works, the program supplements the academic rigors faced by the individual student. The program broadens the education of both Middle and Upper School students by fostering their self awareness, exposing them to new environments and challenges while providing important leadership opportunities. Key components include:
- Adventure education through trips ranging from day hikes to lengthy backpack, skiing, or river trips
- Leadership and skill development through a weekly afternoon program, OLA.
- Environmental education using field resources both on and off campus
- Experiential education that applies classroom education to real world settings
- Group and individual learning opportunities on Catlin's brand new challenge course.
The outdoor program has offerings for both Middle School and Upper School students.
Click to see the schedule for all our upcoming trips.
We offer approximately one or two trips per month--and more in the summer!
Where Have We Been?
Click on the map pinpoints for photos and trip reports from past adventures!
View Outdoor Program Trips in a larger map
Outdoor Program News
- 1 of 23