Skip to Content
About Catlin Gabel
Quick links ...
In the News
Outdoor Ed Trips
Traffic Incident Report Form
Skills and Processes
1. How do Latino teenagers spend their free time?
2. How do Hispanics view themselves and their families?
3. What are some features of Hispanic cuisine and regional cooking?
4. What are Spain and Latin American countries doing to preserve nature and the environment?
5. How can students use Spanish in the local community?
6. Can students utilize an expanded vocabulary on a variety of topics?
7. Can the students understand main ideas and significant information from cultural media?
8. Can the students increase knowledge of other disciplines through the study of a second language?
9. What is my cultural identity?
Poema 20 (Pablo Neruda)
Aqueronte (José Emilio Pacheco)
La desesperación de las letras (Ginés Cutillas)
El eclipse (Augusto Monterroso)
La luna (Jaime Sabines)
La mejor tinta (Armando Valadares)
La mirada (Juan Madrid)
La intrusa (Pedro Orgambide)
Indicative and subjunctive
Preterite and imperfect
Use of past participle as adjective
Latinos in the United States
Indigenous cultures in Latin America
African presence in Latin America
Latin American music
Converse in a variety of basic communicative tasks and social situations.
Narrate a story using various past tenses.
Demonstrate comprehension of multiple clause sentences and utterances.
Create a multimedia project using the laptop and PowerPoint.
Read consistently and with full understanding an intermediate level text.
Write short descriptions, narrations, letters, and summaries.
1. Request, give detailed information
3. Recommend and advise
4. Narrate and describe in detail
5. Persuade and convince
7. Discuss friendship and personality traits
8. Express and support opinions and emotions
9. Give advice
10. Explain and resolve problems
1. Differentiated bi-weekly tests and quizzes (vocabulary, grammar, and culture).
2. Oral group presentations based on research of a cultural topic.
3. Oral interviews and proficiency role playing.
4. National Spanish Exam.
Un misterio en Toluca
(online murder mystery).
6. End-of-semester conferences.
(Vista Higher Learning) textbook and workbook.
2. Literature (poems, short stories).
3. Movies, cultural videos, music, television.
4. Computer software programs.
1. Foment an appreciation of contemporary Hispanic literature.
2. Recognize and identity various accents particular to Hispanic countries.
3. Gain an appreciation of Hispanic music and art.
4. Gain an understanding of the indigenous cultures of Latin America.
5. Gain an understanding of the cultural and linguistic contributions of Afro Latinos.
8825 SW Barnes Road, Portland Oregon 97225 | Tel: 503-297-1894 |
Copyright Catlin Gabel School, 2014 |
View mobile site