Congratulations on receiving your laptop! Your laptop will run more smoothly if you are familiar with the information below.
Your Technology Team — Please contact us with questions and concerns! We are here to help!
To Email the Entire Tech Team: !IT Team (be sure to use the "!) or IT@catlin.edu
Richard Kassissieh, Dir. of Info. Services; 503-297-1894 ext. 300.; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Maynard, Database Specialist; 503-297-1894 ext. 427.; email: email@example.com
Daisy Steele, Technology Support Specialist; 503-297-1894 ext. 264; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faith Baynes, Systems Administrator; 503-297-1894 ext. 365; email: email@example.com
David Hirata, Technology Support Specialist; 503-297-1894 ext. 263; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Technology Support Office, located in the Upper School Vollum
Center is open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. to provide technical support and to
answer any technical questions. Students are most welcome to stop by
our office at any time during office hours for technical assistance. If
you need further assistance after hours or need help with home
networking issues, you may contact our consultant, Jonathan Linch at
(503) 286-4906, Jonathan.Linch@comcast.net. Or, JoAnn Rachor at (503) 846-0115, email@example.com
The Catlin Gabel School is a wirelessly networked campus. Your laptop
has been configured to access our wireless network. If you have a
network at home that is NOT wireless, your laptop should be able to
gain network access by plugging a network cable into the back of the
laptop. If you have a home wireless network, you will need to setup a
separate wireless configuration for home access. Please let us know if
you have questions regarding wireless access. All of our wireless
access points use Wireless Encryption Protocol (WEP) to ensure data
encryption across the network.
1. Press the following keys all together: Ctrl, Alt and Delete.
2. Enter your username which is your last name and first initial with NO spaces. For example: if your name is John Smith, then your login name is smithj. Press the Tab key, and then enter your password.
3. To change your password, press Ctrl, Alt and Delete and click on Change Password. Enter your old password once and your new password twice and then click OK.
4. Next to the words "Log on to: be sure it says Catlin. If it does not, click the drop down arrow and select Catlin.
5. Click OK.
To Use Email
1. Catlin Gabel School uses Outlook 2003 for email. Your account has already been configured for you. You have an email limit of 25MB for all incoming and outgoing mail. Double-click on the Outlook Icon to launch the email program. If you go over 25 MB you will receive a warning message reminding you to clean out your Inbox and delete email. If you ignore this warning, your email account will not be able to send mail until you delete enough email to be under the 25 MB limit.
2. Your email address is your last name and first initial at catlin.edu. For example, John Smith's email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind that there are some exceptions to this naming convention due to common last names.
3. Keep Email read and deleted on a regular basis. Be sure to delete Inbox Items as well as Sent Items.
4. To View Mail, click on the Inbox icon. Mail will show on the right-hand side of the screen. To show folders for your email, go to the View Menu and select Folder List.
5. Empty Deleted Items on a regular basis. To do this, go to the Tools Menu and select Empty Deleted Items Folder. When asked if you want to permanently all items and subfolders, click Yes.
1. The Catlin Gabel School also provides access to email off campus via Catlin Gabel's website.
2. To access Web Mail, double click on the Internet Explorer icon on your desktop. You will see the Catlin Gabel website (if you don't see the website, type in the following web address: www.catlin.edu and press the enter key.) At the top of the page, in the blue bar, is a Web Mail icon.
3. Enter your username and password at the logon screen and click OK.