The campus trend is toward reduced consumption of both purchased domestic water and pumped well water. Annual use of purchased domestic water has dropped 79% since the peak year 2000-01. Annual use of well water for irrigation has dropped 33% since 2006-07.
- Short term goals are to make the most efficient use of purchased domestic potable water and pumped well water.
- One intermediate goal is to reduce the amount of irrigated landscape and turf.
- One long term goal is to remove all irrigation from using domestic water.
- Annual objective is to maintain the computerized Maxi-com irrigation control system at peak calibration.
- Annual objective is to maintain sprinkler heads at peak adjustment.
- 100% of toilet stools have been replaced with 1.6 gpf units.