To make sure you have all the latest news, we have added you to the mailing list for the Upper School's News You Can Use weekly e-newsletter.
In addition, your Catlin Gabel website login will now give you access to web pages restricted to current and enrolled families, including our online directory and carpool map. If you need to update your email or other contact information, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robyn Washburn, Upper School registrar, has been contacting new families about upcoming placement testing dates and arranging times to meet about course selection. Robyn can be reached at email@example.com or 503-297-1894, ext 316, and she would be happy to answer any questions you have. In the coming weeks, you will receive email communications about orientations, book and laptop purchases, fall retreats, and other important details.
Once again, welcome to Catlin Gabel!
Important information for new families
Events on campus
- Athletics schedule -- Come cheer on the Eagles!
Consider attending Summer Programs
Connect with your host family
- Your host family will reach out to you to chat about the school and welcome you to the community. We encourage you to use your hosts as a valuable resource.
- The Parent Faculty Association will also provide multiple opportunities to meet and socialize before school starts in September, so watch for details. Your grade and division PFA representatives are an additional resource. Find the 2012-13 contact information on the PFA web page.
Get ready for fall
- Update your family's information - there are four tabs here for changing and updating your contact information, emergency contacts, student medical information, and denial of photo identification (in various publications). We have an annual drive in the late spring reminding all families to review and update their information, but we encourage you to enter your updates at any time.
- Review email list management and etiquette - all parents are included in parent listservs for each class year. This link will help you understand how the parent email lists work.
- Set up payment and billing options with the business office.
- Use the carpool map if you want to join a carpool. Click on a data point to find contact information for current enrollees near you.
Other popular destinations and resources
- Summer Programs - list of courses and registration
- Directory - find contact information for students, parents, faculty, and staff.
- Parent-Faculty Association – list of division and grade coordinators. Ask about how to join PFA and get involved!
- School calendar – find out what's going on around campus.
- Athletics schedules – come root for our Eagles!
- Dining services – see which grades eat in our cafeteria and when. Peek at the lunch menus.
- Volunteer opportunities – click on this link and then look in the green menu box at left to see a list of possibilities!
upper school News
- 1 of 75