To make sure you have all the latest news, you have been added to the mailing list for the Lower School's Crier Newsletter.
In addition, your Catlin Gabel website log-in will now give you access to web pages restricted to current and enrolled families, including our online directory and carpool map. If you need to update your email or other contact information, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once again, welcome to Catlin Gabel!
Important information for new families
Events on campus
- Parent Faculty Association’s Annual Spring Festival on Sunday, May 5, from noon to 4 p.m. This event features the traditional Beehive parade, first grade maypole dance, musical performances, games and rides, a plant exchange, and lots of food carts. Not to be missed!
Benefit concert for the Campaign for Arts and Minds -- Friday, May 3 from 8 to 10 p.m. in the CabellTheater featuring the Ellen Whyte Trio.Tickets are $10 at the door.
- Athletics Schedule -- Come cheer on the Eagles!
Consider attending Summer Programs:
Connect with your host family
- This spring, your host family will reach out to you by phone or email to welcome you and chat about the school. We encourage you to use your hosts as a valuable resource.
- The Parent Faculty Association will also be providing multiple opportunities for both parents and students to meet and socialize before school starts in September so watch for details. Your grade and division representatives are also an additional resource. Find the current contact information on the PFA webpage.
Getting ready for Fall
- Update Your Family's Information - there are four tabs for changing/updating your contact information, emergency contacts, student medical information, and denial of photo identification (in various publications). We have an annual drive in the late spring reminding all families to review and update their information, but we encourage you to enter your updates at any time.
- Review Email List Management and Etiquette - all parents are included in parent listservs for each class year. This link will help you understand how the parent email lists work.
- Set up Payments and Billing options with the business office.
- Become familiar with Before- and After-School Care - find out about our wraparound care programs for preschool through eighth grade.
- Use the Carpool Map if you want to join a carpool, click on a data point to find contact information for current enrollees near you!
- Learn more about the Bus Service - information on our bus routes, bus fees, and how to get here from the Sunset Transit Station. See our maps and directions page for more details and transit options.
Other popular destinations and resources:
- Summer Programs - List of courses and registration
- Directory - find contact information for students, parents, faculty, and staff.
- Parent-Faculty Association – List of division and grade coordinators. Ask about how to join PFA and get involved!
- School Calendar – find out what's going on around campus.
- Athletics Schedules – come root for our Eagles!
- Dining Services – see which grades eat in our cafeteria and when. Peek at the lunch menus.
- Volunteer Opportunities – click on this link and then look in the green menu box at left to see a list of possibilities!
lower school News
- 1 of 40