Catlin Gabel commits itself to becoming a sustainable school by:
- Educating students to develop the wisdom, vision and drive to create a sustainable society
- Modeling sustainable practices throughout the school
- Inspiring others to join with us in our commitment to sustainability
- Cleaning Products: 95% of products are Green Seal, Sustainable Earth or DfE certified.
- Copy Paper (WCP Solutions - white): 0% post-consumer content
- Facial Tissue: 10% post-consumer content (Green by Design)
- Paper Towels (singlefold): 100% recycled fiber; 40% post-consumer content (Ecologo)
- Paint (latex): Miller Paint Acro-Pure Zero VOC (Green Seal Certified)
- Paper Towels (Cormatic Roll): 100% recycled fiber; 40% post-consumer content (Ecologo)
- ProTeam Intercept Micro Filter bags: Green Label Certified
School Bus Routes
The school has established five school bus routes to reduce vehicle traffic entering the campus.
Campus Traffic Counts
The school tracks the numbers of vehicles entering campus.
Total Campus Waste: Total Waste Chart 2013-14
- Benchmark [2006-2007]: 65 tons
- Year One [2007-2008]: Actual: 46.35 tons
- Year Two [2008-2009]: Actual: 32.49 tons
- Year Three [2009-2010]: Actual: 30.48 tons
- Year Four [2010-2011]: Actual: 27.02 tons
- Year Five [2011-2012]: Actual: 28.6 tons
- Year Six [2012-2013]: Actual: 30.32 tons
- Year Seven [2013-14]: Actual: 30.23 tons