The Nitty Gritty of Outdoor Trip Sign-Up
- Students and parents, check your email for the sign-up form for trips and contact Lindsay or John with any questions. This will be sent out once per season for summer, fall, winter, and spring trips.
- We encourage students to have a conversation with their families before signing up, to make sure you don't have any schedule conflicts such as athletic events, big assignments due in school on Monday, etc.
- Make sure you are eligible. Note the appropriate age range for the trip, and whether any previous experience is required.
After you sign up
- In most cases you will be given a place on the trip if there is space. If the trip is full, a wait list is maintained. In some instances, certain skills may be required to be elgible for the trip.
- A few weeks before the trip, you will receive emails with a trip prospectus and gear list, waivers, and behavior agreement.
- You will need to complete three forms: a behavior agreement, an acknowledgement of risk and waiver of liability form, and an acknowledgement that your medical form is current on the Catlin website. We ask that you review your electronic medical form before each trip and update it with recent injuries, illnesses, or other concerns.
- In most cases a required pre-trip meeting will be held. This will often occur at lunch (Upper School) or during morning C&C (Middle School).
- Payment for trips will be handled through the Catlin Gabel business office. Students will be billed through their accounts.
- Financial assistance is available for most trips (other than summer trips). Please complete a financial assistance request form.
- LATE CANCELLATIONS WILL INCUR A CANCELLATION FEE. We will include the deadline to drop off of a trip in the pre-trip emails; typically at least 2 weeks prior to the trip.
- Other questions? Please contact John or Lindsay and we'd be happy to help!