How to Give
When you make an annual gift to Catlin Gabel, you are supporting what you love by directing your gift to your passion. Whether you choose a specific program, financial aid, or endowed fund, your annual support helps Catlin Gabel today and into the future.
Catlin Gabel is incorporated as a nonprofit organization, governed by a board of trustees. As an independent school, Catlin Gabel receives no tax or religious support. It depends upon tuition and fees, donations, and a draw on the school's endowment fund in order to balance its operating budget. All gifts to Catlin Gabel are tax deductible as allowable by law. The school will send a receipt acknowledging your gift. It is advisable to keep this receipt for tax purposes.
You may prefer to have your gift spread over a number of months, and we are happy to accommodate that. To initiate this monthly option just let us know of your wishes by calling 503-297-1894 x310. Any method can be used for this, but most often our donors set up monthly charges to their credit card or automatic withdrawals from their bank account. For help with any of this please call us at the number above or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Double Your Donation
Corporate matching gift programs are charitable giving programs setup by corporations in which the company doubles donations made by employees to eligible nonprofit organizations. If the company you work for has a matching gift program, your gift to Catlin Gabel could have twice the power.
Thousands of companies offer matching gift programs. A few examples include:
- Intel – Matches gifts .5:1 for current employees, up to $5,000
- Nike – Matches donations dollar for dollar up to $2,500 annually per employee
- Bank of America – Matches donations dollar for dollar up to $5,000 annually per employee
For information about your company's corporate giving policy contact your human resources department and request the appropriate documentation. Please note, employees are responsible for submitting all required documentation.
Questions? Please contact:
Michael R. Oreste
Director of Foundations and Corporate Relations
Many alumni and friends charge their annual gift to a VISA or MasterCard account. To make a credit card gift online over a secure browser, please click here. You may also make a credit card gift by calling the development services office at 503-297-1894 x310, or toll free at 866-297-1895.
If you prefer to have your gifts come directly from your bank account just download the form. After completing and signing the form you may drop it off at Toad Hall, mail it to the development office at the address below, or fax it to 503-297-0139.
Catlin Gabel School
8825 SW Barnes Rd
Portland OR 97225
8825 SW Barnes Road
Portland OR 97225
Many donors to Catlin Gabel make gifts in the form of appreciated marketable securities. This is one of the most attractive methods of giving because of the substantial tax advantages. Making a gift of appreciated securities to Catlin Gabel is a simple matter.
Federal I.D. Number: 93-0386804
Account Number: 30174008
Transfer to: RBC Wealth Management
DTC Number: 235
Contact: Shelly McFarland at 503-833-5212
- Do not endorse the certificates.
- Mail unendorsed certificates by first class or registered mail to the development office.
- Mail a stock or bond power (obtain from your broker or commercial or download from the link provided below) under separate cover to the same address.
- Sign the power and have the signature guaranteed by your broker or commercial banker, but do not fill in anything else.
- Enclose a letter of transmittal with the certificate. Include a copy of the letter with the stock power.
- If the certificates are already endorsed, send them by insured mail or deliver them by hand to the address above.
920 SW Sixth Avenue, Suite 1300, Portland OR 97204
Account Name: The Catlin Gabel School
Please call our business office at 503-297-1894 for the necessary account and routing numbers.