No need to log in when at school. From home, your username will be catlin and the password is eagle.
NO NEED TO LOG IN to do a catalog search! However, more features are available if you choose to log in (for e.g. seeing a list of what you have checked out, putting books on hold, writing book reviews, and making personal book lists.)
FEATURES of the LIBRARY CATALOG:
WHAT DO I HAVE CHECKED OUT? You must log in (more details below). This link takes you to the log in screen. Or any time you are on the LOWER SCHOOL catalog search page, you can click the small LOGIN icon (upper right corner) to get to the same spot:
4th/5th graders and staff: Use your CG network username and password.
Everybody else, preschool through 3rd grade: Contact us for your password.
Once you are logged in, your name will appear at the upper right of the screen. (If it doesn't, contact us!) Click the "My Info" tab (a little below your name). Click it to see a list of what you have checked out as well as some other personal information.
- HOW CAN I PUT A BOOK ON HOLD? Log in first. Search the catalog for the book you want. If all copies are checked out, click the HOLD IT! icon, and put it on hold. We will deliver it to you when it comes in. If a copy is available, don't put it on hold. Just come in and get it yourself the next time you are at school.
You can make lists of books you want to recommend to others or ones you want to read in the future. You can make your lists private or public. Public lists can be viewed by anyone who clicks on RESOURCE LISTS (left sidebar).
DESTINY QUEST: No need to log in. This is an automatic feature of our library system and can be accessed anytime you are in the catalog (left sidebar). On it you'll find:
- TOP TEN: Books checked out most recently from our library (You make it happen!)
- RESOURCE LISTS: Public Lists created by us (explained above). You can even search the list of lists.
- NEW ARRIVALS: The last 15 books added to our collection (Watch it change every day!)
- HOW CAN I WRITE A BOOK REVIEW?: You must log in first. Search the catalog for the book and go to the detailed page about it. Click the REVIEWS tab at the top. Next, click ADD REVIEW and you're ready to go. Give it a rating and write your opinions. Proofread before you submit. We will get a message that you have submitted a review and approve it for public viewing if it has been edited well. To see some book reviews written by Catlin Gabel students and teachers, see the list at the upper right of this page!
DID THESE INSTRUCTIONS WORK FOR YOU? Feedback to Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our library collection is a community treasure. We love to buy new items that you recommend, so let us know what you want. You may also donate a book in honor of your birthday. We have a special donor bookplate for that. Come talk to us.
Lisa Ellenberg and Dan Woytek
Search the local public library websites for more great book lists and other resources:
Below are links to a variety of bibliographies (word documents, so not interactive like the ones on Destiny Quest).