- Garden Club
- Global Education
- Learning Center
- Outdoor Education
- Summer Programs
- Sustainable School
- Urban Studies: PLACE
Welcome to the home page for Catlin's 2013 FRANCE studies program: “The experience is everything.”
- Trip Dates: March 16 - March 29, 2013
- Tentative Price: $3200.00 (financial aid is available)
- Group Size: 12-15 students
- Trip Leaders: Madeleine Girardin-Schuback, Wendy Wilkinson, Roberto Villa
- Applications Due: November 12
Ordering a crêpe or a crème glacée from a Parisian street vendor, interacting during museums visits, maintaining a conversation at the Maison de L’Europe and Canal Académie, sharing seven days in a French family and being a student in a French Lycée, joining a volunteer association with their French peers--these are moments the students will remember for ever. This program seeks to create moments like those, where our students can connect with the culture, language, and people in ways that is real and true. At its foundation is a home and school stay in southern France, as the first part of a reciprocal students exchange.
In Paris, students will stay in the International Student Center (CISP) with traditional breakfast and dinner. The educational agenda in Paris will be discussed and organized by the participants depending on their own interests, building off of the curricular work that they do at Catlin.
In Villeneuve-sur-Lot, Catlin students will live with French families and attend the Institution Sainte Catherine. (High School). The visit will stress community involvement with French peers organized with the City Hall of Villeneuve-sur-Lot.
Note that all plans are tentative and subject to change.
- March 16: Depart PDX – Delta-KLM-Air France
- March 17 Arrival PARIS
- March 17 TGV Villeneuve-sur-Lot- HOME STAYS and school participation
- March: 24 TGV PARIS- DE GAULLE AIRPORT
- March: 28-29 Return PDX
How to Apply