- How can the US and the west establish and maintain positive, stable relations with China?
- How can China preserve national unity?
- What rights should ethnic minorities have within China?
- Ethnic diversity in China
- Effects of globalization
- Beijing Olympics
Skills and Processes:
- Identify and understand conflicting foreign policies
- Formal debates
- Balancing starkly conflicting and biased evidence
- China: A New History by John King Fairbank
- China Road by Rob Gifford
- Oracle Bones by Peter Hessler
- Understanding China by John Bryan Starr