- How can we name functions?
- What are qualities of the trigonometric functions that other functions we have studied do not have?
- How can we use sine, cosine, and tangent to solve real world problems?
- Sine, cosine, and tangent of a right triangle (SOHCAHTOA).
- Values for sine, cosine, and tangent can be related to the similarity of right triangles with congruent angles.
- Graphs of sine and cosine from 0 to 90 degrees.
- Sine, cosine, and tangent of special angles.
- Sine and cosine as parametric functions.
- Inverse sine, inverse cosine, and inverse tangent problems.
- Projectile motion problems (optional).
Skills and Processes:
- Solving for sides and angles of right triangles.
- Using sine and cosine with parametric equations to solve wind and water problems.
- Apply sine and cosine to application problems.