- What are alternate forms of functions?
- How is it possible to rewrite a non-function (such as a circle) as a function (or set of functions)?
- In what ways can we write and use functions that are dependent on another variable, such as time?
- Definition of parametric equations
- Applications of parametric equations
- Eliminating the parameter to write as an x-y equation, paying attention to restrictions on the domain.
Skills and Processes:
- Plotting parametric curves given a table of data.
- Plotting parametric curves (domain and direction necessary) from the equations.
- Using the calculator to plot and solve problems with parametric equations