- How can we find the minimum or maximum of a function?
- What is the relationship of important points on a graph to the equation of the graph?
- Relationship of length to area (linear -> quadratic).
- Review forms of a quadratic: standard, vertex, factored
- Meaning of roots and zeroes - relationship to the graph of the function
- Quadratic Formula
- Relationship of sum and product of roots.
Skills and Processes:
- Completing the square (method of solution as well as rewriting standard into vertex form).
- Proof: Proving quadratic formula by two different means.
- Graphing a quadratic function - plotting roots as well as how to plot when roots are complex.