- How can we solve an exponential equation with a variable exponent?
- What is a logarithm?
- What are the properties of a logarithmic function?
- What are properties of a logarithm and how do we know they are valid?
- How can we use logarithms to solve applied problems?
- Definition of a logarithm
- Logarithmic functions
- Properties of logarithms
- Applications of logarithms
- Solving equations involving logarithms
Skills and Processes:
- Evaluate logarithms without a calculator
- Graph logarithmic functions and their transformations
- Use logarithm properties to simplify and evaluate expressions
- Use a calculator to solve problems involving exponential and logarithmic growth
- Prove properties of logarithms