- Why do scale models work?
- Why is similarity so important in the real world?
- How do we know when figures are similar?
- AA Postulate
- SSS and SAS Similarity Theorems
- Right triangle similarities (altitude drawn from the right angle to the hypotenuse).
- Geometric mean
- Ratios between similar figures: lengths, areas, and volumes
Skills and Processes:
- Proof: Similarity thoeorms -> Angle bisector theorem, side-splitter theroem
- Solving proportions between similar figures.
- Apply similarity to fractal problems.