- How can China win the present, by continuing its rampant economic advancement, without sacrificing the future?
- Is China destined to become a power-house, or is it an economic house of cards?
- Balancing elements of communism and capitalism
- Urban and rural divide
- A boom city: Shenzhen
- Environmental degradation
- China’s pollution and the US
- One-child law
Skills and Processes:
- Assessing no-win problems
- Understanding the economics of China
- Formal quantitative data analysis
- China: A New History by John King Fairbank
- China Road by Rob Gifford
- Oracle Bones by Peter Hessler
- Understanding China by John Bryan Starr