What are a community's needs?
How do we support each other in a community?
How can we solve problems together?
- Considering basic needs that all people share
- Considering needs versus wants
- Creating an environment for a two dimensional community reprsentation
- Consider ecological footprint of a community
- Design a two dimensional community reprsentation including, infrastructure, shelters, food sources, etc.
- Make decisions and problem solve a critcial incident within the fictitious community
- Identify succesful features of a supportive and healthy community
Students will be able to:
- identify basic needs versus wants
- Work on a community project with a common goal
- Work in a small group to make decisions
- Take on various roles within a group (e.g., leader, recorder, reporter, etc.)
- Stand up for their own ideas while also listening and incorporating the ideas of others
- Work together to solve problems
- Student work
- Project compleion
- Anecdotal records