• How do I become an independent reader?
• When I don't know a word, what do I do?
• What patterns can I find in books?
• How can I compare stories to my own experiences?
• What are the various parts of a book and how do they help me?
• How do I gain enjoyment through reading?
• How do I gain enjoyment through being read to?
*Relies heavily on beginning letters and sounding out for word identification
*Reads on her own for short periods of time
*Chooses their own reading materials, with guidance
*Uses context clues, illustrations, and phonics skills to figure out the meaning of words
*Identifies simple patterns, such as a main idea and a beginning, middle, and end
*Recognizes that books can be shared and talked about with others
*Identifies the title and author of each book
*Books are written for the enjoyment of an audience
*Relies heavily on beginning letters and sounding out for word identification (graphophonic strategy)
beginning school News
- 1 of 41