Payment Plans & Billing


Tuition Payment Plans

The amount of the enrollment deposit reflects approximately 10% of the next year's tuition. For current students deposits are included on the January billing statement and are due February 1 preceding the school year. For new students, deposits are due by the date listed on your enrollment agreement.

  • Option 1: (two payments) 10% non-refundable deposit plus remaining 90% of tuition billed in June preceding the school year. A 0.5% discount will be applied to the 90% tuition amount due.
  • Option 2: (four payments) 10% non-refundable deposit plus 30% of tuition billed in June, September, and December.
  • Option 3: (ten payments) 10% non-refundable deposit plus 10% billed April preceding the school year through December. A 2% service charge will be applied to the monthly tuition charge for families who choose Option 3 and do not receive financial assistance.

Billing and Payments

  • Statements are sent monthly for tuition and/or monthly expenses.
  • Payments for monthly charges are due the first of each month. A finance fee of 1.5% per month is charged on the total of all past due balances. A $20 charge will be assessed for any returned checks or ACH returned payments.
  • The school does not accept payment by credit card for tuition and monthly expenses.
  • ACH is an easy payment method – automatic payments from your bank account may be set up by filling out the ACH form and returning it to the business office.
  • If using an online bill paying service, please reference your child(ren)'s first and last name(s) as the account. One check is preferable. Remit payments to Catlin Gabel School, PO Box 1084, Spokane, WA 99210-1084.
  • Other payment methods include mailing or hand delivering a check to the reception desk in Toad Hall or to the business office, addressed "Attention Business Office."
  • Please email Mary Ann Rogers in the business office with any special billing instructions or if more than one household is responsible for tuition and related expenses.

Nonpayment Policy

If Catlin Gabel initiates collection on amounts owed, parents or guardians will pay reasonable attorney's fees and collection costs even if no suit or action is filed hereon. If suit or action is filed, the court shall fix the amount of such reasonable legal fees.

Unconditional Payment Terms

Student withdrawal after June 30, but prior to the first day of school results in an obligation to pay 40% of the total annual tuition.

Student withdrawal or dismissal on or after the first day of school results in an obligation to pay 100% of the total annual tuition.

Tuition Insurance Plan

The Tuition Refund Plan is an insurance program sponsored by A.W.G. Dewar, Inc. that provides families with tuition obligation coverage in the event of a student's withdrawal or dismissal from the school before the academic year is completed. The premium rate for 2017-18 is equal to 0.90% of the annual tuition. The premium is billed in June and payment is forwarded to the insurance company. Detailed information on what is covered by the plan can be found in their brochure.

Additional Expenses Beyond Tuition

Financial assistance is available for some expenses beyond tuition. Email the admission office for more information.