Today I went in and finished up my knife. The process was a little more complicated than I expected. To heat treat it we needed to find the critical temperature for the steel, and to do that Arnon pulled out a small book written in Japanese, since the steel was from Japan and was labeled with kanji. He gave me the book and told me to try and find the steel, and I actually managed to do it using the index in the back.
During my last week at Limbocker Studios, I was really able to go into more depth with some of the projects I started in the previous weeks. In my last blog post I talked about how I was able to head out “into the field” and record some various sounds. This week I mainly finished up mastering out the tracks, and exporting them to Lances database, as well as using some of these mastered out tracks in ads I have been working on.
The final week of my senior project slowed down a little as the limitations of my work became more apparent. Although they my mentors had countless projects that I could have worked on because of the Ameriprise computer restrictions and a limit of certificates I wasn’t able to access a lot of vital programs. Because of this I continued working on the electronic files and worked towards that goal. This was kind of pointless though as each file took almost two hours to scan in the right order, format, and label the documents on the computer.
This was my last week at Dan’s, and it was packed with work. Dan and I were trying to get as much done as possible, to keep his projects moving along, and also we were trying to make up for some of the hours I lost due to District and State golf tournaments.
Most of the work we did was similar to the work of the previous three weeks. We did a lot of sanding, a lot of taping, some wet sanding, and some painting/ primer-ing.
This week at the World Affairs Council was my last week and it consisted of a hodge-podge of things to finish out my projects. I spent the majority of the week getting the archived files all organized and ready to put in storage. The week before I worked on getting the files organized and into the acid-free folders, but this week was about putting them into the final boxes. I had to double-check all the boxes to make sure the files were all there and that they were properly done.
The final week of my senior project was probably my favorite. I felt completely comfortable in the office and with all of the employees, and enjoyed coming in to work even when I didn’t have specific projects to work on. I had my routine figured out, and knew what I wanted to work on or research when I had spare time, which I had much less of during the last week.
Wow! What a busy final week of senior projects! Just took recap my last blog entry, the previous week was tech week, which entailed bringing all of the technical and performing aspects of the show together in preparation for performances. Well, this entire week we had previews each night in preparation for opening night on Friday. For those of you who may not know, a preview is where a play performs in front of a live audience, which believe it or not changes a lot of things about the performances, in order to see what may need to be altered before the show’s run officially begins.