Catlin Gabel Newsview all
Congratulations graduates! See the photos gallery with images by Brendan Gill.
See our catalog of summer camp offerings, including unique programs in arts, music, technology, robotics, and sports.
The CG senior is one of only 161 recipients nationwide, and the only young man chosen to represent the state of Oregon.
We welcome our supporters to a fun, festive event May 19 on the Catlin Gabel campus.
An evening of stimulating conversation on current events, presented by the CG Alumni Association.
A youth-run and moderated event on the role of police in Portland, May 16 at The CENTER.
Our annual community celebration with music, food, and art, plus our Plant Exchange, dunking booth, and CG Flea. See the schedule.
Claire Rosenfeld and Jacob Adler are recognized as students who "exemplify excellence on the field, in the classroom, and in the community."
A documentary about the refugee experience, presented free in Cabell with a post-film discussion.
With your help, we raised over $625,000 – a tremendous show of support for teachers and experiential education at Catlin Gabel. Visit the photo gallery, and check out the sign-up parties – spots still available!
Register now for this Oregon Scholastic Chess Federation 2017 State Qualifier.
Read the poem that earned Annika top honors in the 2017 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards
Angela shares her thoughts on equal pay for women, and the work she's doing with her CG student club Equality Enforcers. Watch the news story.
For the second consecutive year, Ameya takes top honors in the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards.
- There are no events to display.
- MonAug14 Sports Pre-Season begins
- WedAug23 Orientation
- ThuAug24 Orientation First Games
- ThuAug31 US 101 6:00 PM to 7:30 PMCabell Center & Gerlinger
- TueSep05 US First Day of Classes 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- ThuAug17 New this year* Optional CGS Rising 6th grader mini-orientations 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM
- FriAug18 New Student Orientation- for students new to Catlin Gabel School 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- FriAug18 New Middle School Family Cookout Gathering 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- TueAug22 New this year* Optional CGS Rising 6th grader mini-orientations 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM
- MonSep04 Labor Day
- TueSep05 LS Open House 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- WedSep06 First Day of Lower School 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- ThuSep07 LS Photo Day 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- MonSep11 1st Grade Parent Coffee with Vicki 8:20 AM to 9:20 AMLS Library
- TueSep12 5th Grade Class Trip
- SunAug06 Kindergarten summer playdate 10:00 AM to 12:00 PMCAL–Beginning School
- SunAug13 Honeybee summer playdate 3:30 PM to 5:30 PMCAL–Beginning School
- WedAug23 Kindergarten summer playdate 4:00 PM to 5:30 PMCAL–Beginning School
- WedAug30 Honeybee summer playdate 4:00 PM to 5:30 PMCAL–Beginning School
- WedSep06 Kindergarten Orientation 12:45 PM to 1:45 PMCAL–Beginning School
The Palma Scholars Program
Affording Catlin Gabel
Visit Catlin Gabel
Diversity and Inclusivity
higher than national average for student SAT scores
of the students identify as people of color
$ 4.1 M
in financial assistance awarded to 28% of the student body
recipient of the Presidential Award for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics and Science
students representing 69 different zip codes
awarded the Oregon Athletic Coaches Association All Sport Champion Award