Catlin Gabel Newsview all
Read a profile, watch a video interview, and see a welcome message from Aline
Learn about Catlin Gabel at this free, open event in the OMSI Auditorium.
See the full athletics schedule for fall 2017.
Congratulations graduates! See the photos gallery with images by Brendan Gill.
The CG senior is one of only 161 recipients nationwide, and the only young man chosen to represent the state of Oregon.
See our catalog of summer camp offerings, including unique programs in arts, music, technology, robotics, and sports.
We welcome our supporters to a fun, festive event May 19 on the Catlin Gabel campus.
An evening of stimulating conversation on current events, presented by the CG Alumni Association.
A youth-run and moderated event on the role of police in Portland, May 16 at The CENTER.
Our annual community celebration with music, food, and art, plus our Plant Exchange, dunking booth, and CG Flea. See the schedule.
Claire Rosenfeld and Jacob Adler are recognized as students who "exemplify excellence on the field, in the classroom, and in the community."
A documentary about the refugee experience, presented free in Cabell with a post-film discussion.
With your help, we raised over $625,000 – a tremendous show of support for teachers and experiential education at Catlin Gabel. Visit the photo gallery, and check out the sign-up parties – spots still available!
Register now for this Oregon Scholastic Chess Federation 2017 State Qualifier.
- MonSep11 All-School Assembly 9:15 AM to 9:45 AMSchauff Circle
- TueSep12 PFA Executive Council Meetings 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM
- FriSep15 Alumni Weekend
- FriSep15 Homecoming
- TueSep26 Board of Trustee Meeting 4:00 PM to 7:00 PMUS Library
- WedAug23 Orientation
- ThuAug24 Orientation First Games
- ThuAug31 US 101 6:00 PM to 7:30 PMCabell Center & Gerlinger
- TueSep05 US First Day of Classes 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- TueSep05 Seniors w/ Counselors 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- TueAug22 New this year* Optional CGS Rising 6th grader mini-orientations 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM
- WedAug23 Celebration of Ann's Life 6:00 PM to 8:00 PMMS Commons
- MonSep04 Labor Day
- TueSep05 First day of middle school 8:00 AM to 3:15 PM
- WedSep06 Photo Day for MS/US 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- TueSep05 LS Open House 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- WedSep06 First Day of Lower School 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- ThuSep07 LS Photo Day 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- MonSep11 1st Grade Parent Coffee with Vicki 8:20 AM to 9:20 AMLS Library
- TueSep12 5th Grade Class Trip
- WedAug23 Kindergarten summer playdate 4:00 PM to 5:30 PMCAL–Beginning School
- WedAug30 Virtual Office Hours 8:00 AM to 9:00 AMOnline, CAL–Beginning School
- WedAug30 Honeybee summer playdate 4:00 PM to 5:30 PMCAL–Beginning School
- ThuAug31 Virtual Office Hours 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMOnline, CAL–Beginning School
- WedSep06 Preschool begins for 1st half 8:20 AM to 1:30 PMCAL–Beginning School
The Palma Scholars Program
Affording Catlin Gabel
Visit Catlin Gabel
Diversity and Inclusivity
higher than national average for student SAT scores
of the students identify as people of color
$ 4.1 M
in financial assistance awarded to 28% of the student body
recipient of the Presidential Award for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics and Science
students representing 69 different zip codes
awarded the Oregon Athletic Coaches Association All Sport Champion Award